Friday 7 December 2012

Blog Wars 4 Pics

Well, last weekend was Blog Wars 4 in Mansfield. I've been really busy all week with Christmas stuff happening and haven't gotten round to posting. This post will be picture heavy and not a lot of text. I'll probably get round to doing a detailed set of batreps at some point.

I had a great time at the event and met some players that I'd met before at Open War. To cut to the chase I came 6th out of 24 which was good for 1 minor loss, 1 minor victory and a tabling.

There was a real mix of armies at the event, some were really crazy. There was a full squat guard army, a Custodes Grey Knights army with a flying rhino and a Nurgle army with scratch built resin jetbikes!

My army for the day was:
Imotekh the cheeselord
Overlord with warscythe, res orb, mindshackle scarabs, sempiternal weave, tesseract labyrinth
Lord with warscythe, res orb, mss, semp weave
2x Crypteks with veil of darkness
Cryptek with chronometron
2 x 20 warriors
4 x 5 warriors
4 nightscythes (this made me feel dirty)

My idea was to have an ultra mobile force that could be wherever I wanted it and control the board this way.

MOAR WARRIORSSSSS!!!


Awesome scratch built jetbikes. I faced this army first with Epidemius below.





Dirty Matt Wardian alliance between Necrons and Blood Angels


SQUAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Custodes

We meet again Mr Lane

This lord just wouldn't die, he killed the gaunts then died while killing the big gribbly

4 Tesla Destructors to the Face!


I will get round to posting some actual written stuff at some point. I've got the Guardians of Tyr big game tournament on the 16th at Wargames workshop Northampton. I'm not using the same list as blog wars because they'll nerf Imotekh :( so I've got some other cheese up my sleeve instead.

2 comments:

  1. Some cracking armies there. Looks like it was Necron heavy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah there were quite a few cron armies. Proportionally they were the most represented anyway. Its a shame the scoring chart doesn't show who had what army.

      I didn't play against crons though. Would have been nice to try a cheese vs cheese game. I actually played against nurgle marines/daemons, nids and grey knights.

      Delete